Drawer Construction and Design
We make our drawers to last long. Our five-piece drawer box construction consists of two sides, a back, a front, and a bottom. All parts are made of 5/8" thick thermally fused white Melamine Coated Panel (MCP) and are doweled and glued together.
For additional strength we apply four 2 ¼" long screws.
We offer 9 different heights of drawer boxes. They are listed below along with the respective heights.
- Shallow drawer box - 58mm or 2 1/4”
- Pantry drawer box - 80mm or 3 1/8”
- Medium drawer box -110mm or 4 3/8”
- Regular drawer box - 125mm or 4 7/8"
- Compact Disk drawer box - 160mm or 6 1/4”
- Deep drawer box - 225mm or 8 7/8"
- Equipment drawer box - 251mm or 9 7/8”
- File drawer box - 251mm or 9 7/8”
- Toy drawer box - 320mm or 12 5/8”
All dimensions are outside dimensions.
We offer three different depths (front to back) of drawers: 11 ¾" (300mm), 13 ¾" (350mm) and 15 ¾" (400mm). Deep drawers are offered to allow us to change the bottom drawer in P or Q units in cases where the base board is taller than 3 ½" or where there is an obstruction such as a surface mounted plug, etc. behind any of the drawers.